Welcome to the Bassets Unlimited Message Forum

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Knuckling over
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:22 pm 
IP:

Hello All,

I wanted to post a question in regards to knuckling over in Basset Hounds. Ive tried to find information about it online but all I find is that it disqualifies them from being a show dog. Our Basset is 2 1/2 years old and a lot of the websites state that it is fixable when they are puppies but nothing about when they are older. We aquiered Maizy this last weekend from an owner who could no longer care for her. We asked the previous owner about Maizy's front legs and she said the Vet examined the dog and said there is nothing wrong. Im not sure if thats the case or not because she doesnt stand properley on her front legs. Her front paws almost look like they are pointing backwards. It doesnt appear to give her any trouble while running or walking and she seems like she dosent experince any pain either. I just want to know if its fixable or treatable now that shes older and if it is not treatable will it affect her farther down the road in regards to walking or running?

Post subject: Re: Knuckling over
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:12 pm 
IP:

Do you have a photo that you can show us?

Profile  WWW

PetCareRx - America's Most Affordable Pet Pharmacy   Pet Street Mall   Dog.com   Animal Den - Gift Shop for Dog Lovers!   DogToys.com - Toys, Treats and gifts for pet   Petco.com