Welcome to the Bassets Unlimited Message Forum

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:09 am 
IP:

Hello I just lost my basset hound Stubbs last week due to a bad bacteria infection. Stubbs is survived by his litter mate Duke and the two were inseparable. Since Stubbs passed Duke has been dead to the world. He has extreme separation anxiety and doesn't really care to eat. Duke really needs a friend and I wasn't sure how he would do with a puppy. My fiance and I decided that the best thing to do would be to adopt one from Basset Hound Rescue of Georgia. There are a lot of lonely dogs there that need good homes. We browsed their website and fell in love with a two year old tri-colored female named Gilda. We filled out one of their online adoption applications. Its been 6 days and we haven't heard from anyone. Their website claims that their operating costs are over two hundred dollars a day per dog. If that is true you would think that the volunteers would be a little more active when it comes to replying to inquirers. I'm sure this is a wonderful organization and perhaps I am being a bit too eager but BHROG if you are reading this please contact me.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:42 pm 
IP:

After about a three week wait Basset Hound Rescue of Georgia finally did contact me and conducted a home inspection. The home inspector left my house and said that she would be recommending us for adoption. About four days later I received a very insulting email stating that I was an unfit dog owner. Apparently they were upset because I leave my current dog out in the back yard while I am at work. Mind you that he is supplied with water, shade, and a dog house. It is now totally apparent to me that this rescue group doesn't have the dog's best interests in mind and is instead just a group of crazy, snooty old dog ladies who have totally lost touch with reality. To anyone who hopes to deal with Basset Hound Rescue of Georgia I wish you luck. But if you are an average working class family you can kiss your chances goodbye.

Profile  WWW

PetCareRx - America's Most Affordable Pet Pharmacy   Pet Street Mall   Dog.com   Animal Den - Gift Shop for Dog Lovers!   DogToys.com - Toys, Treats and gifts for pet   Petco.com