Welcome to the Bassets Unlimited Message Forum

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: My Rosebud
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:19 am 
IP:

She's 6 months old now and named after Rosebud the Basselope in Bloom County.

Post subject: Re: My Rosebud
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:44 pm 
IP:

Hi Heather
I'm also in Muskoka! I don't see many basset hounds around my area. I just got Freddy about 5 weeks ago so am learning about them! I'll post a pic when I get going here! Nice to meet you!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:59 pm 
IP:

No, there aren't a lot! Which I like - except when people think she's a fat mutated beagle. Whereabouts are you? I'm in Huntsville and the only other Basset I know about belongs to a former student. Can't wait to see pics of your Freddy!
h.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:15 pm 
IP:

Hi Heather, I'm between Gravenhurst and Bala. I bought my golden retriever from a lady in Huntsville. I'll get pix ready soon!!! Horrid weather this wknd eh? We were supposed to have a "beautiful weekend" ........no kidding!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:13 pm 
IP:

Actually I'm down in London for a bit - it was crazy thunderstorms yesterday but today is sunny and beautiful here! I know yesterday was icky up there, is today as well?
h.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:53 pm 
IP:

Too coincidental! My eldest daughter is a nurse at UH in London. I'm heading down that way to help her move into a house that she and her boyfriend have bought on Thurs. Do you have family down there?
I'm leaving Freddy and Honey (my golden) at the Muskoka Spa for Pets. I use them fairly often and they are excellent!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:19 pm 
IP:

I was born in North Bay but raised in London. My parents and younger sister are still there, and my older sister is in Woodstock but planning to move back.
I got out. Quick as I could. I'm not city friendly to begin with, and London is a wasteland! I'd live in Toronto before living in London again.
Thanks for the tip on Muskoka Spa for Pets - I know I'm going to need a kennel once summer hits.
h.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:43 am 
IP:

Morning Heather!
I took Freddy to the Spa yesterday for his "introduction" to the other dogs. Sometimes they have a full daycare and I wanted to see if he'd be ok spending some time there since he and Honey will be there this wknd. They said he was shy at first (they introduce the dogs one at a time) but after a short time, he was comfortable and played with a bichon for most of the day. When I picked him up, he was totally pooped out. He didn't stay by Honey's side at all while he was there. I was happy that he got along well. They will keep he and Honey together in their own room during the nights. Good people!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 am 
IP:

So did they sleep like babies all night?
h.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:45 am 
IP:

Yes they sleep fine. I say "time for bed" and they climb the stairs with me. They sleep on their beds in the bedroom. I lost my hubby 3 years ago to cancer (I'm 61) so these dogs have been my light on some dark nights. I have my 3 daughters as well....they have been second to none. But it's the dogs that are with me at night. May I ask how old you are? Maybe we should be emailing rather than putting this stuff on a public board!
nan@candlelight.ca

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:12 am 
IP:

LOL - I was thinking the same thing! I'm 37. Feel free to pm me!
h.

PetCareRx - America's Most Affordable Pet Pharmacy   Pet Street Mall   Dog.com   Animal Den - Gift Shop for Dog Lovers!   DogToys.com - Toys, Treats and gifts for pet   Petco.com