Welcome to the Bassets Unlimited Message Forum

It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: BATH TIME!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:45 pm 
IP:

Oh boy was this a great weekend!
Four dogs four baths!! First is Alex the 115lbs bloodhound, gotta get
her first (she hide under the bed if not). Then Byron the 55lbs bassethound, then Dolly 52lbs basset then cindy 49 lbs basset
after the four dogs comes the hour of cleaning the bathroom
The hounds MUST have warm baths!! I reallyshouldnt complain
once the hounds are in the tub they take it pretty well
getting them in is something else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:36 pm 
IP:
Site Admin

LOL, we use to have a small pond out front. We took it up and my wife asked what I was going to do with it...........I told her it was the perfect bathtub for the dogs. I think it has gotten more use as a bath tub than it it did for a pond with fish.

BU Staff Member

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:56 am 
IP:

Wow, that is a lot of dogs to bathe in one day! My basset hound also needs to have warm water for a bath and in the winter time he shivers like crazy if I give him a bath! We decided to get one of those Scrub a Dub dog tubs for our German Shepherd and I thought we would use it for our basset hound too but this weekend we tried it out on the Shepherd and we had water all over the place! He doesn't like to get a bath although he loves to swim. Anyway, the reason I thought it would be good for my basset is because I wouldn't have to lift him in the tub. He does weigh 60lbs. and I think he is heavier every time I put him in there.
He too doesn't like to get a bath but he is so easy to do, just stands there very patiently until you are done. Once he gets out, he charges around the house barking like crazy! He doesn't even mess up the bathroom at all. I just have to clean the tub out and I am done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:53 am 
IP:

It sounds like Sophie and Louie approach baths just like Yogi. Attemps to avoid being picked up and carried to the bathroom are minimal, and once in the tub they're good pups! I think they like it fine, actually. I have a detachable shower head on an 8 ft. hose, which is really helpfull, especially for rinsing those low undercarriages. I usually set the shower head on a mild pulse message and they just kind of zone out while I soap and rinse and maneuver them around. But once they've been toweled off and released - look out! It's super-frisky hound dog time!! Running around, barking, wrestling....basically jumping right into the process of getting dirty again.

Post subject: Re: BATH TIME!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:13 pm 
IP:

Ours refuse to get in the bath and have to be carried in too!

We also use a shower head - great for mukky pups - but gosh dont they take forever to dry!

We leave ours in front of the dying fire over night to dry out properly as they normally sleep outside

Post subject: Re: BATH TIME!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:09 am 
IP:

In the winter. i use the shower, same as you's lot...hard getting in, the rest is easy.

In the summer...thats different... i use one of them old metal tin baths in the garden, fill it up half way with warm water, get another bucket of clean warm non soapy water.
Give them a good scrub in the bath (half hour each accept Pooch) then when out rinse them with the bucket of non soapy water.

Then they go MAD around the garden :D

with the remaining bath water, i tip it out.....waters the garden :P

Rabbit Stew anyone???!!!!

Profile  WWW

PetCareRx - America's Most Affordable Pet Pharmacy   Pet Street Mall   Dog.com   Animal Den - Gift Shop for Dog Lovers!   DogToys.com - Toys, Treats and gifts for pet   Petco.com