Welcome to the Bassets Unlimited Message Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:25 pm 
IP:

I live in an apartment complex in Nebraska…and it get COLD here in the winter! I have a neighbor who recently got a basset hound and they leave him outside for hours. Sometimes overnight. He is on a wooden balcony on the 3rd floor, with no place to get away from the elements. I do not have a dog, so I don’t know how cold is too cold for them. He cries and moans all day / night…He just sounds so sad. First, I want to know if, in your opinion, they are neglecting him (I think they are) Secondly, I need to know who to talk to. I called the local Humane Society and they didn’t really do anything to help me or the dog. Let me know if I’m over reacting…or let me know how to help this poor dog! Thank you all so much!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:19 am 
IP:

animalpal wrote:
I live in an apartment complex in Nebraska…and it get COLD here in the winter! I have a neighbor who recently got a basset hound and they leave him outside for hours. Sometimes overnight. He is on a wooden balcony on the 3rd floor, with no place to get away from the elements. I do not have a dog, so I don’t know how cold is too cold for them. He cries and moans all day / night…He just sounds so sad. First, I want to know if, in your opinion, they are neglecting him (I think they are) Secondly, I need to know who to talk to. I called the local Humane Society and they didn’t really do anything to help me or the dog. Let me know if I’m over reacting…or let me know how to help this poor dog! Thank you all so much!

If the dog does not have a dog house with insulation, it is definitely too cold to just be left out. Now if the dog has a place to get out of the wind, and has some sort of insulation, (straw, hay, cushioned bed, or something similar) the dog should be fine, not that I approve.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:53 am 
IP:

He has nothing to lay on or in. Can anyone give me an idea of who to call to report this? I already called the Humane Society in my town and they said they would call the police...but nothing has changed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:42 pm 
IP:

http://www.nehumanesociety.org/site/Pag ... al_Cruelty

If this is where you called I have not other ideas

PetCareRx - America's Most Affordable Pet Pharmacy   Pet Street Mall   Dog.com   Animal Den - Gift Shop for Dog Lovers!   DogToys.com - Toys, Treats and gifts for pet   Petco.com